History of The Krum Fire Department 

-1947-

A concerned group of citizens "passed the hat" to buy the Krum Volunteer Fire Department's first fire truck.

 

The lot for the fire station and the truck chassis was donated by John Morris, the local Chevrolet dealer. A tank for the chassis was donated by Allan Butane Co.

 

Carlton "Cotton" Cole was the first chief of the fire department.

-2002-

The Krum Fire Department employed part-time EMS workers to staff an ambulance in order to provide advanced life support to the residents. The Denton Fire Department previously had a contract to provide this service.

-2005-

Krum Fire Department employed the first full-time career firefighters.

-2005-

Krum Fire Department began delivering advanced life support and emergency transport to residents within the Ponder Volunteer Fire Department community. This agreement is still in effect.

FIRE

KRUM